Value of the Month: GratitudeNov 20, 2017 / Posted in Uncategorized
It is fitting that our value of the month in November is Gratitude. When things are tough or stressful it’s easy to focus on problems.
We might not be in control of our environment or the economy or other misfortunes that come across our path. But one thing that is always in our control is our ability to count our blessings. No matter how hard life is, when you look carefully you’ll find numerous things to be grateful for.
We challenge all of you and ourselves from now until December 25th to spare a few moments a day and write down a few things to be grateful for.
Many of the things that we have that are so precious are intangible things that money can’t buy.
Just a few of these are:
- Eyes to see and a world full of color.
- Ears to hear and music to listen to.
- Tastebuds that taste and food that taste so different and good.
- Lungs that can breathe the crisp morning air.
- A place of warmth and safety where we can rest.
- Clothes that keep our bodies warm.
- Communities that function.
- A country that guarantees us the right to freedom and the pursuit of happiness, not to mention free speech and the right to vote.
- A planet full of wonders which if you investigate a new thing every day of your life, you’ll never run out of things to learn about.
- And most of all love which is free to give in the form of kind words, smiles, hugs and caring and which feels like such a blessing to receive.
So, this Thanksgiving, let us all count our blessings and revel in the giving and receiving of love, kindness, forgiveness and the ability to start each day anew.