SnippetsSep 27, 2018 / Posted in Trucking News
At Pay4Freight, we strive to keep truckers, owner-operators, and anyone else who may be involved with the trucking industry as well-informed as possible. Here are our latest snippets for September 2018.
Improving the way shippers treat trucking professionals may help minimize driver shortage issues:
- An overlooked approach to dealing with driver shortages and capacity issues linked to a bustling economy and new regulations is to focus on driver-shipper relationships.
- Inhospitable pickup environments and poor communications are among the all-too-common issues that deter some individuals from becoming part of the trucking industry.
- Keeping loading/unloading areas well-lit and accessible and clearly communicating when there are changes with schedules or load arrangements are among the steps shippers can take to earn a “preferred shipper” status.
- Some industry insiders believe if more shippers treat truckers with respect positive word-of-mouth could attract new drivers.
- In fact, widespread implementation of “preferred shipper” practices could improve the industry’s overall reputation enough to attract and retain qualified new drivers.
Pay4Freight is your trusted source for budget-friendly freight factoring programs and an assortment of resources designed to help you do what you do more efficiently and affordably. Check out our website for more details.