Partner of the Month: Transporting AmericaJul 28, 2017 / Posted in Partner of the Month
Our partner of the month for July is Transporting America! We caught up with Humberto to chat with him about how the company got started and what keeps them trucking.
- Please tell us a little more about your business:
I do what I like and I’m very happy with my job because I love to drive. I am a certified mechanic but I drive because I like this more than anything.
- When did you get started?
1994-1995 is when I started driving, but as Transport America about a year ago.
- What is most challenging about what you do for a living?
When you have to drive at night in the snow. That is very challenging.
- What advice would you give to someone just starting out in this business?
Simple, don’t move cheap freight.
- How do you make sure you get the right loads to keep the wheels rolling?
I make 25+ phone calls per day until I get the right load to keep that balance.
- Anything you would like to add?
Work with people you know and learn how to do as much by yourself as possible. Pay4Freight is very easy to work with because they understand you and they want to work with YOU.