Partner of the Month: Boston TruckingMay 22, 2018 / Posted in Partner of the Month
Our partner of the month for May is Boston Trucking. We caught up with Glenda to chat with her about how the company got started and what keeps them trucking.
- Please tell us a little more about your business.
I own a small trucking company and use Pay4Freight as a factoring company. P4F enables drivers to get paid. We ship general freight.
- When did you get started?
We started in October 2011.
- What is most challenging about what you do for a living?
Everything to do with money. Collecting money on invoices. Sometimes getting paid on time. Sometimes not getting paid at all. You have to stay on top of the money all of the time.
- What advice would you give to someone just starting out in this business?
Stay detail-oriented. Keep up and stay on top of your paperwork and your brokers.
- How do you keep a work-life balance?
Following a strict schedule. I always make sure I have certain things done on certain days so that I have time for other things. Set certain bills to get paid on certain days. Make sure your factoring is done on a set day. Pay4Freight is a huge help with that. And most importantly, never get overwhelmed.
- Anything you would like to add?
Small trucking companies need a factoring company. It’s the only way. Stay on top of your invoices, and keep a level head.